No recruiter calls please.
Elexicon is looking for a web developer who is passionate about web technology. This person should enjoy developing custom web applications and forms, integrating websites with back-end databases and CMSs, and building responsive websites.
Candidate should physically work from our downtown Grand Rapids Michigan office. This is a full or part-time salaried position, plus healthcare and retirement benefits.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience: 1-3 years of web development and site build, personal or professional.
- Implement quality and well-documented code at a fast pace for the web
- Maintain and enhance code for existing sites
- Monitor existing client sites and engage when needed
- Write for responsive designs using media queries and/or UI Frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
- Accomplished programmer (1+ years of experience with object-oriented languages)
- Proficient with PHP (Object Oriented PHP preferred)
- Proficient with MySQL relational databases
- Competent in WordPress
- Comfortable using the command line and/or terminal
- Maintain source code repositories, web servers, and code movement between development and production environments
- Experience with Apache servers and configuring virtual hosts
- Desire to continually learn about latest technologies and apply them to business needs
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research and adapt rapidly to changing technology
- iOS/mobile development a plus
Fill out the form below to apply.